Vacancies for DHHS Boards, Councils and Committees
From 1 July 2010, the national registration and accreditation scheme (‘national scheme') for registered health practitioners (other than medical radiation scientists) commenced in Tasmania.
The national scheme applies to ten health practitioner groups: chiropractors, dental care practitioners [including dentists, dental hygienists, dental prosthetists and dental therapists], medical practitioners, nurses and midwives, optometrists, osteopaths, pharmacists, physiotherapists, podiatrists, and psychologists. Practitioners are now registered by National Boards under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law.
The new Boards are:
- Chiropractic Board of Australia
- Dental Board of Australia (dentists, dental hygienists, dental prosthetists and dental therapists)
- Medical Board of Australia
- Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (registered nurses, midwives and enrolled nurse)
- Optometry Board of Australia
- Osteopathy Board of Australia
- Pharmacy Board of Australia
- Physiotherapy Board of Australia
- Podiatry Board of Australia
- Psychology Board of Australia
The Medical Radiation Science Professionals Registration Board of Tasmania continues as a State based registration board. Medical Radiation Scientists will join the national scheme in 2012.