Nutritious foods and an active lifestyle can help achieve optimal health throughout life. Check out the links below to get more out of your life!
- An Australian Government, State and Territory health initiative - Eating plenty of fruit and vegies not only contributes to good health, but also protects against a number of diseases and helps maintain a healthy weight. Most Australians eat only half the amount of fruit and vegies recommended for good health. Adults need to eat at least 2 serves of fruit and 5 serves of vegies each day. The amount children need depends on their age. Here you can find out about the benefits of fruit and vegies, nifty ways to get more fruit and vegies into your day, plus some super simple tasty recipes. www.gofor2and5.com.au
- HealthInsite is an Australian Government initiative, funded by the Department of Health and Ageing. It aims to improve the health of Australians by providing easy access to quality information about human health. www.healthinsite.gov.au/topics/Food_and_Nutrition
- At Food & Nutrition Australia, our team provides expert advice on all aspects of nutrition and offer tailored lifestyle solutions to meet our clients needs. Whether its individualised advice for a healthy lifestyle, effective strategic advice for industry or a media comment, our highly qualified team has the knowledge and skills to meet your requirements. www.foodnut.com.au
- Australian Government Department of Health and Aging has a website called Healthy Weight as theres no ideal weight that suits everybody. Each person is different and their healthy weight will be determined by different factors. Find out more here www.healthyactive.gov.au/internet/healthyactive/Publishing.nsf/Content/healthyweight
- Nutrition Australia www.nutritionaustralia.org
- For information about alcohol-related health issues and Australian Government policy visit the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing/Alcohol website www.alcohol.gov.au
- Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing has a website called Healthy Weight as theres no ideal weight that suits everybody. Each person is different and their healthy weight will be determined by different factors. Find out more here www.healthyactive.gov.au/internet/healthyactive/Publishing.nsf/Content/healthyweight
- HealthInsite www.healthinsite.gov.au/topics/Exercise__Fitness_and_Sports
- Fitness Australia is the national health and fitness industry association working for a fitter, healthier Australia. Fitness Australia is a not-for-profit, member-based association with over 900 registered fitness business members and 20,000 registered exercise professionals Australia-wide.
These registered businesses and exercise professionals provide fitness services to over 2.5 million Australians seeking a healthier lifestyle.
Fitness Australia monitors adherence to industry standards of service, care and safety through the registration of exercise professionals and businesses. www.fitness.org.au
- The benefits of exercise from the Centre for Physical Activity in Ageing - The aim of the Centre for Physical Activity in Ageing is to "Contribute to the quality of life of individuals through the provision of specialised physical rehabilitation, health promotion, scientific research and educational programs". www.cpaa.sa.gov.au/benefit_exer.html
- Australian Health and Fitness Expo 2010 www.fitnessexpo.com.au