The Department of Health and Human Services delivers integrated services and coordinated care to achieve the best health and wellbeing outcomes for its clients.
Under the Personal Information Protection Act 2004 the Department of Health and Human Services is the custodian of personal information and the collection, use and disclosure of that information is governed by the Act.
The type of personal information we collect includes names, addresses and telephone numbers, together with any specific information about a person that may be required to enable us to provide the service.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up to date. Where practicable, we will check on the accuracy of your personal information before we use it.
Sensitive Information includes things like health information, criminal record, racial origin and sexual preferences. Generally we will only collect sensitive information with your consent. However, in some circumstances the collection of sensitive information may be required or permitted under a law which does not require your consent.
If you are making a general enquiry, it may not be necessary to identify yourself. However, if you want to obtain a service, identification may be necessary.
We do not assign unique identifiers to people unless it is necessary for us to carry out our functions efficiently or is required by law. We do not adopt as our unique identifiers the unique identifiers from another organisation. However, we may collect the unique identifiers assigned to you by another organisation, but we will not disclose these without lawful authority.
Access to and Correction of Information Collected
The Personal Information Protection Act 2004 provides that you can access your personal information that is held by the Department of Health and Human Services.
For information on accessing your personal information, go to Accessing your Personal Information
If you consider the personal information to be incorrect, incomplete, out of date or misleading, you can request that the information be corrected. Requests for changes to the personal information we have about you should be made in writing and addressed to:Coordinator, Information Support Services Department of Health and Human Services GPO Box 125 HOBART TAS 7001 Email: email@example.com Tel: (03) 6233 4199
Depending upon the nature of the request a fee may be charged for this service.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Our staff are only provided with or have access to the information that is necessary for them to carry out their functions within the Department of Health and Human Services. All staff are bound by confidentiality requirements.
Personal information will be used only for the purposes described in the Information Collected section above. Your personal information will only be disclosed to organisations or individuals operating outside the Departmentís integrated services with your consent, or if it is required by or authorised by law.
There may be a need or requirement to disclose some or all information we collect to contractors and agents of the Department of Health and Human Services, nongovernment organisations, law enforcement agencies, courts or other public sector bodies.
The Personal Information Protection Act permits the disclosure of 'basic personal information' (that is, name, address, date of birth and gender) that is collected in conjunction with the provision of a service to other public sector bodies for data quality purposes.
Some de-identified personal information we have collected may be used in research, statistical analysis, state or national reporting, awareness programs, public statements or training, but not in a way to compromise the protection of personal information.
Personal information in written submissions on policy matters or matters of public consultation may be disclosed in reports that are made public, unless the submission was submitted and/or accepted on a confidential basis.
Security of Personal Information
We use a number of procedural, physical, and technical safeguards, including access controls, secure methods of communication and back-up and recovery systems to protect information from misuse and loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
The Department's management of information is also in accordance with processes approved by the State Archivist under the Archives Act 1983.
- Allied Health Professional - Casual (519273)
- Audiologist (516550)
- Oral Health Therapist / Dental Therapist - Hygienist (2 Vacancies)
- Pharmacy Intern Campaign (2015)
- Physiotherapist (Community) (2 Vacancies) Closes tomorrow
- Podiatrist (503070) Closes today
- Senior Physiotherapist (2 Vacancies)
- Senior Physiotherapist - Lymphoedema Services (503787)
- Senior Social Worker - Hospital Aged Care Liaison Team (518901) Closes in 6 days
- Senior Specialist Radiographer (513063)
- Specialist Radiographer (Medical Imaging Practitioner) (503709)
- Dental Officer (501149)
- Genetic Pathology Supervisor (521818)
- Registrar - Obstetrics & Gynaecology (Pelvic Surgery) (513032)
- Senior Registrar - ICU (512836)
- Senior Registrar - Pain Medicine (multiple vacancies) (521705)
- Staff Specialist - Obstetrics & Gynaecology (513818) Closes in 6 days
- Staff Specialist Radiology - Various Vacancies (518884)
- Supervisor of Training - Pain Medicine (521777)
- Clinical Nurse Specialist - Disability (516035)
- Director of Nursing (512457)
- Enrolled Nurse (2 Vacancies)
- Enrolled Nurse (Relief) (515458) Closes in 6 days
- Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) (519814) Closes tomorrow
- Registered Nurse (515404) Closes in 6 days
- Registered Nurse (515401)
- Registered Nurse (504991)
- Registered Nurse (Multiple) (514514)
- Registered Nurse - Child and Family Health Nurse (500883)
- Registered Nurse - Community Nurse (502592) Closes in 7 days
- Registered Nurse - Community Nurse (502784) Closes in 6 days
- Registered Nurse - Pharmacotherapy - multiple vacancies
- Youth Health Nurse