Welcome to Children and Youth Services
Children and Youth Services (CYS) provides a range of services and support that contribute to ensuring children, young people and their families are safe, nurtured and well. Our services are delivered by a professional workforce committed to working together to keep children, young people and their families at the centre of everything we do.
Children and Youth Services is committed to building a supportive culture in which we can thrive and work effectively with our clients.
Children and Youth Services provide statewide services comprised of:
- Child Safety Service
- Services to Young People; including community youth justice and Ashley Youth Detention Centre
- Family Violence Counselling and Support Service
- Program Support, Learning and Development; providing internal policy development and support.
The Office of the Deputy Secretary is located on level 4 of the Carruthers Building, St Johns Park in New Town and can be contacted on 03 6166 3533 or via email on CYS-SecDRM@dhhs.tas.gov.au
The regionally based offices can be contacted via phone on 1300 737 639 or via the Visitor Centres at:
- Gellibrand, St Johns Park, New Town
- 115 – 119 Cameron Street, Launceston
- Ground Floor, 49 Cattley Street, Burnie
- 23 Steele Street, Devonport
To make a notification to Child Safety Service, click on the link below or call 1300 737 639 any time.
To contact the Family Violence Counselling and Support Service, click on the link below or call 1800 608 122.