The Australian Government released a 'National Strategic Framework for Rural and Remote Health' in November, 2011 that promotes a new and nationally consistent approach to improving the health outcomes for Australians.
The Framework's goal is to:
- Improve access to appropriate and comprehensive health care
- Effective, appropriate and sustainable health care service delivery
- An appropriate, skiilled and well-supported health workforce
- Collaborative health service planning and policy development
- Strong leadership, governance, transparency and accountability