Frequently Asked Questions
- How quickly do we need to meet all of the Award criteria?
- Sustainable change takes time. There are no time restrictions on Members to meeting all the criteria and then applying to be an Award School or Service.
- Can we work on the criteria in any order?
- How you work through the criteria is up to your organisation. You are probably doing some work in many areas already. Use the Getting Started guide as a planning tool and go from there.
- Our school is a Move Well Eat Well Member. Do we have to join the Early Childhood program, or are we automatically Members?
- Schools that offer Kinder, Launching into Learning or other early childhood porgrams are invited to join the new Move Well Eat Well Early Childhood program. This uses the same Award framework, but has specially tailored resources for this age group. You will need to complete a separate Early Childhood Membership Form.
- What if we can't meet one of the Award criteria?
- The Award criteria have been developed in conjunction with Tasmanian child care educators, primary school staff, health professionals and Department of Education advisors. The criteria are achievable by all schools and services however, it you feel that you are unable to meet a particular Award criterion please contact the Move Well Eat Well Program staff to discuss further.
- What if a staff member or parent does not support an Award criteria?
- If there is a lack of support for an Award criteria, identify the cause of resistance, which may include lack of knowledge or skills, perceived workload, loss of control in decision-making or a dislike of change. Information provided in Starter Pack can help you engage, inform and support school community members and address typical concerns.
- What about other initiatives to support healthy eating and physical activity?
- The Award criteria are identified as the key ways schools and services can support healthy eating and physical activity. Your organisation may be interested in implementing additional projects. However, they cannot be used in place of the Award criteria to achieve a Move Well Eat Well Award. There is space provided in the Award Application form to highlight your additional achievements.
- How long does the Award status last?
- A review of Award recipients is undertaken every two years.
Healthy eating and physical activity tricky questions