Who is eligible?
Oral Health Services Tasmania welcomes all children under 18 years of age, including preschoolers, for dental care.
Dental Therapists and Oral Health Therapists provide the majority of dental care for children and teens in a friendly and caring environment.
What services are available?
- dental check-up
- any necessary treatment as determined by the check-up
- dietary advice
- oral hygiene instruction
- referral for further assessment or treatment if required
How do I make an appointment for my child?
Call your local public dental clinic. Click on this link to find your closest clinic
Will I have to pay for dental care for my child?
- When you present your Medicare card, Oral Health Services Tasmania will bulk bill all dental care for children through the Medicare Child Dental Benefits Schedule.
- If you do not want your treatment billed to Medicare, fees will apply.
- Almost all dental care will be FREE if bulk billed (Replacement mouth guards and tooth mousse will attract a small fee and may be subject to eligibility)
Can my child access dental care with Oral Health Services Tasmania when he/she turns 18 years of age?
On reaching eighteen years of age your child is no longer able to access dental care with Oral Health Services Tasmania unless they are:
- Part way through a course of dental care, if so the course of dental care will be completed OR
- They hold a current Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card.
How can I pay my account? Click here for more information