Am I eligible?
To access adult public dental care and public denture services you must have either a Health Care Card or a Pensioner Concession Card. Click on this link for more information regarding adult dental service eligibility.
What will I have to pay?
- When you visit the dental centre you will be charged a small co-payment for an assessment of your denture needs.
- Denture/s and other denture services incur a co-payment. This will be discussed with you when you visit the dental centre.
Co-payments charged for your denture(s) are separate and extra to any co-payments for general dental treatment.
How will I pay for my denture? Click here for more information
Will I be able to claim payments on my Private Health Insurance? You will need to discuss this with your private health fund.
What should I do if I think I need new dentures (false teeth)?
If you have some of your own natural teeth
- Step 1 You will need to be examined by one of our dentists. The dentist will estimate the cost of the general treatment and the denture.
- Step 2 You may be placed on a waiting list to receive dental treatment. Your general dental treatment will need to be completed first so that you are dentally fit before a denture is fitted.
- Step 3 When the general dental treatment is completed you will be given your first appointment to have your denture made.
If you don't have any natural teeth
- Step 1 You will need to be examined by a dental prosthetist.
- Step 2 The dental prosthetist will estimate the co-payment for your denture(s).
- Step 3 You will be placed on a Denture Waiting List.
- Step 4 When your name reaches the top of the list you will be contacted to arrange your first appointment to have your denture made.