Equipment and Resources


Practical aids and equipment are sometimes needed so that a person can maintain independence, or in order for a person to be cared for safely and comfortably at home.

Members of the healthcare team can advise people on what might be useful. For example: physiotherapists can advise about aids for moving around; occupational therapists provide assistance with aids and home improvements to make activities of daily living easier etc.

The equipment recommended can be obtained from a number of sources, including the Department's Community Equipment Scheme (DCES). The DCES equipment is available for loan for a single annual fee.

Contact details for the DCES teams in the different areas are:

Phone: (03) 6166 7226

Phone: (03) 6348 7906

North West
Phone: (03) 6426 2429


Additional publications and useful links are also available to assist individuals in managing care and accessing relevant information.  Click on the following links to access this information: