Welcome to Palliative Care. We provide information on understanding and managing issues arising from a life limiting illness.
You will find information:
- For patients, carers and families
- For health professionals
- About Advance Care Planning for healthy dying
- About the specialist palliative care service in Tasmania
- About how to access care and support throughout Tasmania.
The Department of Health and Human Services is committed to providing quality palliative care to all people with a life limiting illness.
An Approach to Healthy Dying in Tasmania: A Policy Framework
The Better Access to Palliative Care Project Team is pleased to announce the release of a draft healthy dying policy framework for consultation across Tasmania. The development of healthy dying policy framework is a key outcome of the BAPC program and aims to promote a consistent standard of access to palliative and end of life care across services and sectors in Tasmania. Consultation with key stakeholders involved in the delivery of end of life care is occurring now and will inform the future development of the framework.
Please note that the consultation period has now been extended until 5 December 2014. If you haven’t already done so please take this opportunity to provide your feedback by that date.
- Consultation Information
- An Approach to Health Dying in Tasmania: A Policy Framework - Consultation paper
- Consultation Questions
- Online Survey with Consultation Questions
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org