Welcome to Palliative Care. We provide information on understanding and managing issues arising from a life limiting illness.
You will find information:
- For patients, carers and families
- For health professionals
- About Advance Care Planning for healthy dying
- About the specialist palliative care service in Tasmania
- About how to access care and support throughout Tasmania.
The Department of Health and Human Services is committed to providing quality palliative care to all people with a life limiting illness.
Evaluation of the 4CEHR and Living Well Dying Well Projects
The 4CEHR and Living Well Dying Well Evaluation Steering Committee is pleased to announce the completion of the evaluation of the 4CEHR and Living Well Dying Well Projects. These projects were undertaken in 2012 by five residential aged care facilities in North West Tasmania. The projects sought to improve the delivery of end of life care in aged care services.
After a five month period of consultation and evaluation, Grosvenor Management Consulting delivered the Evaluation of 4CEHR and Living Well Dying Well, Final Report in December 2014. The findings and recommendation in the evaluation report are important and will be used to inform how end of life care, particularly advance care planning, can be further developed for state-wide use across Tasmania.
The Department of Health and Human Services, Better Access to Palliative Care Project team (funded by the Australian Government) will analyse and implement the recommendations of the evaluation report, as part of the finalisation of the draft Tasmanian Healthy Dying Policy Framework. We would like to acknowledge and thank all of those stakeholders that participated in these two important projects and the recent evaluation process.
- Executive Summary of Evaluation of 4CEHR and Living Well, Dying Well Final Report - December 2014
- Consumer and Carer Feedback Information - Outcomes of the Evaluation of 4CEHR and Living Well Dying Well in Aged Care Projects