Vaccination Competency Standards
To help improve the process for nurses in applying for renewal and making assessment of applications more efficient, we have developed Vaccination Competency Standards for Nurse Immunisers in Tasmania and a guide Applying for Nurse Immuniser Authorisation in Tasmania.
The Vaccination Competency Standards aim to help you:
- assess your own performance in delivering safe and competent immunisation practice
- identify knowledge and/or skills that require revision
- determine ongoing competence and learning needs in accordance with individual contexts and scope of practice
- identify the broad competency standards across the immunisation continuum
- recognise the necessary knowledge and skills required for various practice contexts.
Your current authorisation
Your current authorisation will expire on 30 June 2013. To ensure you receive your certificate to practice as a Nurse Immuniser by this date, please submit your application for renewal form by 1 September 2012.
Want more information?
For more information, email email@example.com or call the Public Health Hotline on 1800 671 738.