The Tasmanian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is responsible for licensing and monitoring private health service facilities in Tasmania. This is carried out under the authority of the Health Service Establishments Act 2006 (the HSE Act) and the Health Service Establishments Regulations 2011 (the HSE Regulations).
The objectives of the HSE Act are to ensure:
- the quality and safety of services provided at private health establishments, by specifying the standards to be met by these establishments; and
- to ensure that the services are provided to effectively meet the needs of Tasmanians in accordance with clinical practice guidelines.
Licensing is the vehicle by which these objectives are met. Administration of the licensing program is performed by the Regulation Unit, under the Deputy Secretary, Regulation, Strategic Control, Workforce and Regulation. They may be contacted at: email@example.com
- For Individuals
- For Health Service Establishments
- New Licenses - Applications
- Existing Licences - Compliance
- Existing Licenses - Renewal
- Existing Licences - Changes
- Health Service Establishments Advisory Committee (HSEAC)
- Contact us