Public Health Act and Associated Guidelines
In 2015, State Parliament passed an Act to amend the Public Health Act 1997, make minor amendments to the Corrections Act 1997 and to repeal the HIV/AIDS Preventive Measures Act 1993.
The changes commenced on 1 July 2015 and relate to public health emergencies, notifiable diseases and contaminants management, smoke-free areas, safe drinking water management, the Cervical Screening Register and the Needle and Syringe Program.
This fact sheet provides a summary of the changes made in 2015.
- Changes to Public Health Laws
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Guide for Path Laboratories
- Diseases Notifiable by Path Laboratories
- Diseases Notifiable by Medical Practitioners
- Guide to Gastroenteritis Outbreaks for Institutions
For more information call the Public Health Hotline - Tasmania on 1800 671 738.
18 January 2016