The Women's and Children's Services offer antenatal and gynaecology clinics through the Outpatient Departments in the three regional hospitals.
Services consist of:
- Antenatal Clinic - This is a Consultant led clinic for assessment of high risk and some low risk pregnancies.
- Midwifery led Clinic - For low risk pregnancies, providing women with a holistic focus to issues relating to pregnancy.
- Adolescent Clinic - Outreach modwifery led clinic for pregnant women under 20 years.
- Gynaecology Clinic - Providing consultation for women with gynaecological conditions.
- Colposcopy Clinic - For investigation, treatment and management of abnormal pap smear results.
- Gynaecology Oncology - Management and treatment for women with or suspected of gynaecological cancer
- Childbirth and Parenting Education
- Extended Midwifery Service (EMS)
How to contact us or make a booking
To make a booking contact the Hospital in your region:
Queen Victoria Outpatient Department
Level 3, Launceston General Hospital
Charles Street, Launceston
Phone: (03) 6348 8980
North West Regional Hospital
Brickport Road, Burnie
(Obstetric and maternity services are provided by arrangment with the adjacent North West Private Hospital)
Phone: (03)6430 6666
Maternity and Gynaecology Outpatient Clinic
Royal Hobart Hospital
48 Liverpool Street, Hobart
Phone: (03) 6222 8308
Clinics are available by appointment and most clinics require a referral from your General Practitioner.
There is no cost for these services.