The Department of Health and Human Services operates the Community Equipment Scheme (CES).
It provides equipment to assist people with a temporary or permanent disability to live independently and safely in the community.
Equipment can be loaned or hired through this service.Northern Community Equipment SchemeLaunceston General HospitalUnit 3, 213 Wellington StreetLaunceston Tas 7250Phone: 6336 5036Fax: 6336 5038 Southern Community Equipment SchemeRepatriation Centre90 Davey StreetHobart Tas 7000Phone: 6166 7226Fax: 6222 7228 North West Community Equipment SchemeMersey Community HospitalMoriarty RoadLatrobe Tas 7307Phone: 6426 2429Fax: 6426 2684
How to contact us or make a booking
Access to the Community Equipment Scheme is through referral, contact the outlet in your region for more information.
Phone: (03) 6222 7226
Phone: (03) 6336 5036
Phone: (03) 6426 2429
The scheme is available to Tasmanian residents living in the community who have a disability of long term or indefinite duration or require equipment as part of discharge from a
hospital or residential care and are
- ineligible to receive equipment from other government funded programs
- have not received compensation in respect of the injury
- are the recipient of one of the following benefit card entitlements: Health Care Card, Pensioner Concession Card, Health Benefit Card or Interim Concession Card Entitlement
Eligible clients pay the following costs for equipment:
- $50 per year loan fee
- $50 per year maintenance fee when maintenance of equipment is required
- Cost of materials for home modifications
Ineligible clients can hire equipment for $20 per month hire fee.
Continence supplies of up to $1000 per year are available for prescribed clients who pay half the costs of supplies received.