Arthritis Tasmania (incorporating Osteoporosis Tasmania) provides a range of information and community support services aimed at reducing the effects of arthritis, osteoporosis and related conditions. As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) Arthritis Tasmania also provides nationally accredited training programs aimed at both volunteer peer educators and health professionals.
Information Services Programs
- Telephone Information Service
- Arthritis & Osteoporosis Information Sheets (printed, electronic and in several languages)
- Community Information Sessions (offered in all Tasmanian communities on various types of arthritis and treatment options.)
- Community Speakers Program (provision of speakers to service clubs and community organisations.)
- Joint Connection Program (information for people facing joint replacement surgery)
- Warm Water Exercise Sessions
- Tai Chi for Arthritis Sessions
- Chronic Disease Self Management Sessions
- Chair Based Exercise Sessions
- Support Tasmanian children with arthritis to attend national camps
Education and Training Programs
- Tai Chi for Arthritis Leader Training
- Chronic Disease Self Management Program Leader Training
- Warm Water Exercise Leader Training
- Stregth Training for Chronic Illness (Prescriber Course)
- Chair Based Exercise Leader Training.
How to contact us or make a booking
For Further information please contact
Arthritis Foundation of Tasmania Inc
19A Main Road
Moonah, Tasmania, 7009
All Tasmanians affected by arthritis, osteoporosis and related conditions.
For cost information please contact the service provider.