Housing TasmaniaHousing Tasmania
Housing Connect - Your new way to connect to housing and support

Apply for housing assistance

To apply for housing assistance you need to contact Housing Connect at one of their offices or by phone.

They will usually make an appointment with you to assess your housing and support needs.

They do one assessment that can assist you with a range of services from emergency accommodation to a long-term home. You may need to bring documents with you to help with your assessment.

If you have immediate housing needs, you could be assisted with emergency accommodation or private rental assistance.

If you have longer term housing needs and you are eligible, you could be placed on the Housing Register. You can apply for public, community and Aboriginal housing.

You may also apply for Supported Accommodation if this matches your housing needs.