Providing feedback to Mental Health Services

We welcome your feedback

We welcome your feedback brochure

Option 1

First talk with the staff member providing your care. If you are not comfortable doing this for a complaint, you may wish to ask a family member, a friend or someone you trust to provide support whilst you discuss the problem or concern.

Option 2

If you are not comfortable talking with the staff member about the problem or you are unhappy about the outcome, you can lodge either a verbal or written complaint to the Manager of the service. You can also arrange a meeting with the Manager. You are welcome to have a friend, family member or advocate with you. If you wish you can ask a staff member to help you do this. At the meeting the Manager will try to resolve your concerns or find ways of meeting your needs.

Option 3

If you are not happy with the outcome or not able to speak directly with staff you can fill in a feedback form or contact the consumer liaison team in your region:

North - email or phone 1800 008 001

North West - email or phone 1800 062 322

South - email or phone 03 6166 8154

Option 4

If you are dissatisfied after receiving a response from us, you can contact the Office of Health Complaints Commissioner by phoning 1800 001 170 or visit the Health Complaints Commissioner website.

Providing positive feedback

You can also help us to improve our service by letting us know if we have done something well. Please also use any of the first three options above to provide us with positive feedback.